I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! After stuffing my face with two delicious Thanksgiving dinners and then doing some Black Friday shopping, I finally got around to checking my email and realized I was nominated by three lovely bloggers for the Liebster Award! What a nice surprise! Thanks so much to Nicki at Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten, Jayme at Trendy in Third, and to Covered in Glitter and Glue!
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is to show they're appreciated and to help spread the word about new blogs.
I'm not sure what happens when you are nominated several times so I'll just answer the first set of questions I received.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
11 Things about Me:
1. I have a younger brother but will soon have 3 new sister in laws!
2. I have lived in California my whole life.
3. I'm in the process of planning my wedding! I'm sure many of you know how difficult this is while teaching! It's so hard to find the time!
4. I LOVE chai lattes.
5. I'm a scrapbooker.
6. I'm super OCD when it comes to organizing. I'm sure I drive some people nuts.
7. I'm allergic to dogs.
8. I'm learning to love football thanks to my fiance.
9. I live near the beach and couldn't see myself anywhere else!
10. I watch an interesting mix of shows…Grey's Anatomy, Walking Dead, Modern Family, and American Horror Story.11. I'm addicted to shopping and Pinteresting.
Questions Asked By Nicki...
1. How long have you been teaching?
I've been teaching for 6 years, all at the same school.
2. What is your favorite holiday?
I love Christmas! Pulling out the decorations is on my to do list for today!
3. Do you have any siblings?
I have one younger brother.
4. If you weren't teaching, what would you do instead?
If I weren't teaching I would probably own a scrapbook store or be some kind of professional organizer.
5. Do you have a favorite sport to watch or play?
I love playing softball! I've played on some coed teams with my fiance and they are so fun! I also love watching baseball. Go Dodgers!
6. What do you do in your spare time?
Spare time? What's that? I enjoy reading and going to the gym, however right now wedding planning seems to be taking up all of my free time.
7. Where is the farthest place you have traveled?
8. What is your favorite movie?
Hmm, so many! Right now I'll take anything with Ryan Gosling.
9. How long have you been blogging?
I just started blogging in August and it's amazing how much it has changed my teaching! I also can't believe how friendly the blogging community is and how welcoming everyone is to new bloggers!
10. What made you begin blogging?
I started blogging after being inspired by many of the wonderful bloggers out there! Just reading the blogs had an immediate impact on my teaching so I knew blogging myself could only continue that.11. Favorite food?
PF Changs. I could there every day and never get sick of it.
Questions for my nominees…
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What is your favorite type of music?
3. Where would you go on your dream vacation?
4. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
5. Do you have any siblings?
6. What's your favorite type of dessert?
7. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
8. What is your favorite color?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. What is the last book you read?
11. What is your most embarrassing moment teaching?
Here are the blogs that I'm nominating…
1. Lattes and Laughter
2. Learning in Bliss
3. Life's a Beach in 1st Grade
4. Little Miss Organized
5. Smiles and Sunshine
6. Stimulating Science Simulations
7. Teach On
8. The Babbling Box
9. The First Grade Derby
10. The Real Teachers of Orange County
11. Teaching Fourth
I'm sure some of you might have already been nominated! If so, don't worry about answering my questions too! Let me know once you've answered by leaving a comment below! I'd love to hear your answers!
Thanks again to the wonderful bloggers who nominated me!