Goodbye Summer

As my summer comes to an end in the next three days, I finally decided to join the blog world! I probably should've done this sooner, but I just found out that I have 35 kids in my class this year! That's right, 35 fourth graders! I'm hoping to get some ideas from all of you fabulous teachers out there in blog land on how to manage, plan for, and teach all of these kiddos in the most organized way possible!

A little about me... I've been teaching in California for six years now, the last four years in fourth grade. I don't usually have such large class sizes, but of course with budget cuts, it's happening. I'll just get to enjoy about seven extra lovable students this year and a little less walking space! Most of the time I consider myself a perfectionist so I'm often creating my own units, worksheets, rubrics, and organizing tools, and of course, I love to share!

Throughout the last six years of my teaching career, I've created so many resources, especially in the area of Reader's and Writer's Workshop. Our school uses this approach and as I'm sure many of you have found, it doesn't come with a "ready to go" curriculum, at least not the program our school is using. Therefore, over the years I've created a lot! I'm in the process of uploading many of these to TPT so others can take advantage of the blood, sweat, and tears I've put into these! Please check back for more in the days and weeks to come, since the process of uploading is time consuming! I promise, it'll all be up there soon! For now, I've started with some rubrics...enjoy this freebie rubric for a fiction writing unit! Check out my store and download it for free HERE. I've also included a few rubrics for other units priced at $1.00.

Hopefully one of you wonderful teachers out there will stumble across my blog! If so, I'd love to hear your best tips on managing a HUGE class! Thanks for stopping by!

-Marie

1 comment:

  1. omg, I can't imagine having 35 fourth graders! Last year I had 20 and this year I have 14...good luck!

    :) Kaitlyn
    Smiles and Sunshine

    ReplyDelete