Word Work Organization

I finally feel like I've mastered organizing my Words Their Way files! All of the files I use are now neatly combined into this small hanging file rack. I prefer this tiny one so I can pick it up and move it around to the group that I am working with.



I finally have a system in place that helps me organize my files and is easy enough that my parent volunteers can copy and organize ALL of my copies for the current week and weeks to come.
I shared in an older post HERE how Words Their Way looks in my classroom.  This post is more on just how I organize things. Since I have four groups in my classroom, I have four different files, one for each group that is labeled with their group color. These four files are labeled, "Current Set" for the words we are currently on that week. This makes it easy for me, my volunteers, and my students who are absent to pull the words they are on that week.



In my file crate I also have a different set of folders but labeled, "Next Sets". This is simply where my parent volunteer places the stack of next word sets for the remainder of the month, in order. Thanks to this system, I am able to have only ONE parent volunteer in charge of making all of my Words Their Way copies and she only has to come once a month, or even once every two months! Since she is the only one making these copies, the post-its are clearly marked for her that tell her where she left off. I only had to tell her where to start the copies at the beginning of the year, and that's all the help she has needed! I sure got lucky this year!





Here's a pic below just to show how there are stacks of the next sets, also copied in the same color paper as the group's color.





This system has made Mondays stress free when it comes to pulling out the new words for the week! 


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you have thought of organizing your files neatly like that. Doing so is convenient for all of you - the parent volunteers, students, and you. Aside from having easy access to your files, anything that is organized is pleasing to the eyes, don't you agree?

    -Ruby Badcoe @ WilliamsDataManagement

    ReplyDelete